Rainy Martini

February 04, 2013

Fragments

"You're both writers, Xiao Yan."

"I write poems, though. He, on the other hand, does essays. Lots and lots of it. And very good ones, too."

"Doesn't matter, you write. He writes. You both write."

We both write.

"What a... very geeky match. Imagine all the arguments you're going to have! And all the fights, too. Colorful words parade la. You blog when you two quarrel, ah? Like your real comebacks and everything. And makeout after. And tell me all about it."

"The heck? Fuck off please."

We're geeks.

"But it's so cute and sweet. Walao eh you have same interests."

"You and I have the same interests as well! Can couple ah, us two. Got more love mah. Then we marry. Hahahahaha! My writing sucks, though."

"You let him edit you la."

"Edit me? Like, physically?"

Laughter. More laughter.

"So you really really like writers, eh, Xiao Yan xiao jie?"

"That's because I write."

"You just said that you suck."

"I take it back la. Also, I just said that I write, too. I didn't say that I don't. I change it leh, I'm gonna say 'that's because I read.'"

"You suck."

I just smiled.

"But bitch I'm so happy for you. You were a wreck before."

"This is cheesy but the worst thing about love is giving it and not getting it back."

"Fucking cheesy lah you. Ultimate cheesedom what the flying fuck. Flying fuck."

"Damn it."

"Fuck."

"Shut up."

"Look what the guy turned you into! Niko give me back my fucking friend!!! Don't tell him I said that."

An actual Skype conversation between me and a verrrrry good friend who I don't want to name and link here because I refuse to bring her traffic. Just kidding! Just kidding, really. I never asked permission from her, and she will find me creepy after this post because these are the exact tiny slices of the whole two-hour session we had. She calls me by my Chinese name.

I write short poems on his planner every time we meet, but I doodled on 15th January. I kinda regret doing it because it ruined the aesthetics.


"What instrument does he play?"

"He doesn't play but he's a music lover."

Apparently I had this "I only crush on musicians" streak before.

"Go eat words."

"I know."

"Xiao Yan you're in love. Seriously. You're deep shit in love. Alarmingly deep shit like 6 feet below and OMG, you might be dead right now."


"Can Valentine's date liao."

"I know right."

For the first time in my life, yes. I am not alone. Not anymore.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/2/13

    HOLY SHIT. HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU CREEPO. HOLY SHIT. HOW CAN YOU MEMORIZE ALL THAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA you should be used to it by now! REMEMBER JULY 29, 2011? JULY 2011. BITCH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/2/13

    correction: ultimate CHEESERDOM, not cheesedom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eh so what -.- damn lazy to change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/2/13

    I WANT TO TELL YOU TO DELETE THIS POST BUT YOUR READERS WILL KILL ME.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO FORKING SWEET LAH I SHOULD JUST GO AWAY LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. bro get ur ass to vatsapp we miss u so moch xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would have thought that our Xiaoyan here is capable of cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute and fluffy to read despite all those fucks LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so agree with sharon. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey dear!
    I like your posts sweety! I like your blog a lot! This is my first visit here but definitely not the last :) Check out my blog if you have a free minute :)Would you like to follow each other?xx
    Wish you a nice week!
    VIEWRAMA

    my
    fashion blog

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤