Rainy Martini

February 11, 2013

of Cup Cakes and New Years


A very late Happy Chinese New Year to my fellow Chinese readers!! Xin nian kuai le!!

New Year's Eve... aka my Zombie Day. As I said on my previous post, my training's from 10PM to 6AM. So last Saturday I went home at around 7AM, only to shower and accompany my mother because she had an appointment with her client. Poor, sleepless me. After almost three hours of waiting impatiently inside Cofee Bean and Tea Leaf (for some reason, the slice of Chicago cheesecake that I ate made me feel queasy), I told my mom that I was going. So off I was... to the Mall of Asia. Or MoA, as we Filipinos like to call it.

Yes I was impatient because I was gonna be late for my.. my.. d...date. HAHAHAHAHA! Also, I had not slept at all the previous night. Again, night training hours. If you lack sleep then you're bound to get irritated. That's a very valid excuse if you ask me. Oh, if you only knew. And I know my mother understood. I felt guilty for getting annoyed at my mom and big brother on New Year's Eve though. So much for good vibes.


We went to watch Warm Bodies. I love the distorted humor, it reminded me of me. I'm not saying I'm as good as... well, I don't know who. Whoever wrote the script. Never mind. I find the movie's humor humorous. There.

One way of celebrating CNY is by giving people gifts. So a few months ago (months ago, hahaha) I made Niko agree that we should exchange moon cakes on CNY. Then it dawned on me that he's not Chinese and he doesn't really know where to buy a moon cake. So much for moon cakes. I changed my mind and opted for a cupcake exchange instead. Also, cupcakes are cheaper and they look sexier...

...only mine was pretty stupid-looking. OH GOD YOU DON'T KNOW. You don't know how hard I tried to protect the cupcake from shaking inside the train. Hahaha. It was a choco-mint flavored blah blah. Yes, I did save the cake from the murderous train but when I got to the mall... HAHAHAHA. Stupid temperature. Frosting avalanche!!


Photos were taken using iPhone, in case you wanna know. Which you probably do. Or not. I don't know about you.




Find the odd one out!!


Yeah I came with my grandpa. Hahahahaha!!


Then we went out of the mall to sit on the seawall. Manila Bay lah! If you fly to the Philippines you should totally check Baywalk out. Pretty sunset and everything. No dolphins though, sadly.



The highlight of our afternoon was this group of college (I'm guessing here) students conducting a social experiment (I'm guessing again). They were giving out free hugs to everyone who wanted some.


Sadly no stranger wanted their arms around them. I was actually contemplating about asking them for a hug just so they'd have someone. But ehhhh. No need. Hahahaha!


That floral-top girl was pretty active, wasn't she? Haha. Also, you can read Niko's blogpost about this. And the post is boring. And staid. And boring. I'm a total troll, aren't I? Meh.


We were sitting on the seawall, only a few meters from the beautiful sea. Couples were everywhere.


I felt guilty for isolating Scrump. She was alone that day, too. Technically, because I ignored her the whole day. (No, I don't really talk to my keychain wtf. Hahaha. Like what normal person talks to her keychain?)


No, those aren't real eyebags. You see, I just had an eyebag transplant because I couldn't afford a boob job. So yeah, eyebags will have to do. My eyebags are enjoying the newly-inserted silicon, too. I'm proud of my decision. So proud...

HAHAHA SERIOUSLY THOUGH. My eyebags are so prominent now!!!






Warning: Photospam Above.

I totally forgot to warn you that this is going to be image-heavy. Haha. It's never too late, Rainy. Never too late.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/2/13

    This is so cute, soooooo soooooo cute. What if you two break up? *awkward blogosphere for the both of you*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, bao bei.

    And I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anon if we break up then you party ok? HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/2/13

    the photos are soooo edited :|

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHUT UP ANON. So what if she edits her photos, what is it to you? Jealous. Edited or not edited Rainy's pics are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anon I'm good at it though, aren't I? :P

    @Riri ♥ ♥ ♥ will you be my valentine

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rainy Hahahahaha! Yes, why not? Let's make Neko jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy chinese new year :D
    this is onyee. please relink me under yuuki at http://melodicxchronicle.blogspot.co.uk/
    hope you have a lovely day rainie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi rainie! sorry please ignore my relink message :3 thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Schöner Blog :)
    Hast du Lust bei meinem Gewinnspiel mitzumachen?
    Liebe Grüße

    http://clara-luisa-fotografie.blogspot.de/2013/01/gewinnspielblogvorstellung.html

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤