Rainy Martini

July 13, 2012

I choose to serenade

The day stretched. Today, unlike any other day, was a long and winding one; literally, because we walked so, so much that my soles and knees were both killing and begging me to stop for a few minutes and rest. Rest, but I couldn't. Figuratively because the past month ended in one breathe. There were no events that deserved to be highlighted, well, maybe the bloody night when my brother's nose was mutilated is, but that's a different matter. I'm talking about the scarcity of the good times I get. True, waking up at the crack of dawn to witness the most innocent face smile down on me is enough to give me a lifetime of happiness. Maybe it would even take me another lifetime to figure out why I deserve such a pure act. But I seem to yearn for something more. Not out of discontent, never.

I just miss my friends, that's probably all.

And... there are so many things that I want to happen, so many things I wish to learn.

Yet instead of making them happen I sit around with my wonderful playmate. It's the best and only valid excuse I got.

Here are some songs that I think will give you the amount of inspiration you need if you enjoy staring at bohemian artworks. Don't overdose.


I am not picky when it comes to music. I go through phases and some days I listen to Asian pop, I'll go to sleep and meet the new sunshine listening to Kelly Clarkson or Coldplay the next day.

New layout. I felt like covering my face in humiliation every time I see the previous one. What was I thinking is my prime question right now. Maybe I wasn't thinking at all. This one, though, I don't think it will last either. But for the meantime it's ninety percent better than my previous.

No photos for today! Although I took some. I hope to get them as soon as possible so I can post and tell you about my day. God, my legs hurt so much.

You can check out my previous post for photos, too! Tell me how you think.

'Til then!

16 comments:

  1. I think CocoRosie's Lemonade MV is kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how typical of you to post something a tad bit unrelated, Shawn. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous13/7/12

    I didn't know you could write that beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there bby! I looove Alone in Kyoto and CocoRosie too! But I bet you know that already.

    Anon, isn't it obvious that she can because her musings are quite hilarious?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is so beautiful!

    I know what you mean though, like you're stuck in a rut? I can't wait to get back into the swing of things. Still, I hope you feel better soon !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new layout kinda gives me a mellow (is this even the right word?) feel。

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new layout! :)

    I'll check out the songs you've listed. I am getting pretty bored with my playlist as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you guys! Glad you like the new lay

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the feeling. I miss my friends too. They're all so far away. Maybe we're both stuck. That's not too bad, to be stuck once in a while.

    Songs perfectly fit for a gorgeous summer day. Burning Stars and Thirteen Things were very soothing. The whistling part in the latter made my day.

    I wish I was able to make things like the piano I posted. It's from a tiny shop in China that had a overload of cute miniature things.

    Do you play any instruments?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to have come across your blog. The layout really is adorable! I definitely will try having a listen to some of these songs since I haven't heard most of them before.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the reasons I used to hate summer is because I feel lonely, but now I'd do anything to have warm weather, so lonely it is. I've never heard of any of those songs or artists, and if I could, I would give them a listen (I'm at work, aha). These days I'm trying to find inspirational music, and Coldplay is definitely one of them! How do you go from inspirational music to Asian pop? I find that impossible.

    (I mean, Korean pop is inspirational in the way that all the idols work so, so hard, but the music itself really isn't.)

    I always get tired of a layout after seeing it for a while because I think of how I can improve upon it. I can't remember your last layout very well, but enough to agree that this one is better! Did you illustrate the flowers at the top? They're really pretty ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, I missed your blog and everything. Good music always give good and positive vibes, keep smiling Rainy! And oh, I love the playlist design specially the fonts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is lovely :DD I love the playlist, Air an Cocorosie are 2 of my favourite groups

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to check some of these out, I think the only one I've heard of is CocoRosie and Soley, but I need new music to listen to :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such a nice way of words :D I was I was as literate as you. I'm just pretty basic with writing, i'm interested in poems and journalism and stuff, just have 0 skill with it.

    I love this layout, it seems really quirky and whimsical :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great theme - I love the colours, and the pretty header :) I had a look at your photos from the previous posts - stunning, and I love the colours and lighting too.

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤