Rainy Martini

January 18, 2015

Crazy for Kracie


Happy new year folks! It's too late to greet but you know how Rainy is. Always late and never ever. And yup, I don't even know what I just said either. But as always, always late and never ever. Ha! My awesome friend Izzie and I currently had an overseas gift exchange this Christmas by means of an unpaid messenger. The said messenger was travelling to their country and then some so we thought, why not? Why the hell not? We should've done this YEARS back but we never got round to. I still feel responsible for the lost letters I sent to Malaysia that some of my online friends apparently didn't receive. Just wait, mes amis, you will be errr blessed soon. I didn't get to upload the entire content of Izzie's care pack for me but this is the highlight!

A BOX OF POPPIN' COOKIN!! OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THAT BECAUSE IT MIGHT NOT BE POPPIN COOKIN BUT LOL I DON'T READ JAPANESE SO YAY!!

I couldn't wait to get home so I did it in someone else's home lol.


The contents. I used to be an avid RRCherrypie subscriber and 2012 was the year when all those cute-food-turned-powdery-goodness really attracted me. Big time. Too bad I didn't know about those Instagram OFW sellers from Japan and by the time I did, I had already lost interest... NOT. I didn't, as it turns out. I still wanted to try. And try I did on this post!


So we had to cut the plastic thing. Photo is blurry because Niko wanted me to capture him in motion but lol idk what happen blametheiPhonenotmeokay.


The mixing bowl!



So this is the vanilla mixture. I've seen a video on Youtube where the Japanese girl used milk but we didn't have milk there so we had to settle with water. No big deal.




"You have to knead the bread,"

The only things I find kneadable are erasers. Kneadable erasers. What, I'm an "artsy" person!!


Second mixture that kneaded to be needed. Wink wink. Chocolate.

I didn't incude the photo here because I wanted to limit the photos in this post.


We had to get the vanilla doughnuts off of the mold before we could work on the choc'.


Sauce time! The instructions on the box were biased towards the choco syrup. While the berry and vanilla ones are on the small plastic container, this one's in the big mixing bowl where we previously neede-- I mean kneaded our breaded. Lolololol.


TADA!!! I'M A CULINARY EXPERT NOW.


OR NOT. CAUSE SAUCE TIME. Piping was actually harder than expected! Or maybe it wouldn't have been if it weren't for my very eager hands. I cut a too-big hole lol.


BUT WE MANAGED. LIKE REAL CULINARY EXPERTS!! Maybe not on the vanilla sauce but please don't look at it. I ought to blur it or cover it with a sticker or something hahaha. Jk.


Garnish.The boyfriend insisted he do the garnishing. See, he actually enjoys my kawaii activities. A couple years back, he got me a Whipple set for Valentine's which he liked too. He liked the piping part because he watches a lot of cooking shows. And claims to be the better cook (between us) because of that. Pooh.


Finished product!! I ate the regular doughnut-shaped ones while he nommed the pon de rings.


Or maybe we didn't eat it. I can't remember. It was all a blur. Wink wink.


TADAAAAAAAA!!

See, you know you love me. What. How is that related to this post lol. But you. Love. Me.

Kidding aside, I really enjoyed the set and I hope we get to play with MORE of em. Ehem ehem Izzie. It's actually a sign. Wink wink cough cough.

2 comments:

  1. LOOKIN' GOOOOOD ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighting (or lack of it) turned out better than I expected, hun.

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤