Rainy Martini

March 04, 2015

Art Fair Philippines 2015 pt. 1


February was not just the month of love and Cupid babies piercing real human hearts with their arrows. Actually when I think of "arrows piercing hearts" I imagine a marshmallow being skewered. See how twisted I am! I was just gonna say "Feb was also the art month" but I got sidetracked by barbecued hearts and marshmallows. Now I'm thinking of going out tonight looking for that cupcake place where I can buy smores cupcake or something. Oh god I love me. The venue was at The Link in Makati, a car parking building. Also perfect for huge exhibits. Yep. It took me forever to figure out how to get to the floor I wanted. I entered the building complex and discovered an appliances store, but no sign of an art exhibit anywhere. So I did some sniffing and followed the scent of human beings lol and found the dun dun dun. Elevator. Yes! An elevator. Why didn't I think of that?


I was greeted by them when I entered the area. Well actually a pair of security guards greeted me first, then a stingy reception lady. Then them.


I totally want that rock on my finger. *wink wink*


Oh screw me for not taking note of the artists' names. I actually came for my local favorites like Tokwa and his colleagues. Correct me if I'm wrong but my memory says this was from a Singaporean artist, right?


Apologies for the horrible photo. I only have my humble Sony Xperia C with me. That's the only thing I can use to photograph stuff for this blog.


Okay now I'm hungry.


Screw me again for not taking note of the artist. I think this was my favorite painting in the exhibit. I think. I love looking at it now. Heehee.


Papier-mâché ? I think I'm gonna need a fuck load of "correct me if I'm wrong" here. See, I was alone when I went there. Everyone else was a complete stranger and I felt a little lonely and super awkward walking around with by myself. I was a lonely, solitary visitor and I oddly felt claustrophobic.


Lovely babies!!


I loved hanging out in this part of the exhibit actually.


These women were flicking at an album full of street animals mating.


She looks just like one of my friends. Hahaha.


Oh oh oh you'll never guess. Underneath that glare was a sharkman humping a unicorn. I think my phone can spot NSFW. Not a sorry camera phone after all, although I wouldn't have minded some of it here. Heehee.


OKAY NOW I WANT FRIES.


She kinda looks like she's kissing herself or her twin or something. I actually loved the gallery she was in. I forgot the name but I'm pretty sure I have their flyers somewhere in my books cabinet. They specialize in whimsical metalwork. I took some other photos but they're horrible so. No.


I can't help but lament over the fact that I've been doing this blog for almost four years now and I still don't have a proper photo equipment.


I can't remember what they are. I may seem like I'm dishonoring these masterpieces but I'm not. This is just how I write really. And I genuinely cannot remember everything that happened in the exhibit. It was a month ago. That's not an excuse. Maybe I'm just a bad visitor.


Ahh! I love love love this gallery. Their pieces are wonderful. You'll see!!


See! I told you so! I stayed in the area for like forever.


Favorite of the bunch! This is not filtered. I'm gonna look for the artist's Instagram account so I can stalk him haha.


These pieces are to die for, too!!


So majestic! These photos don't do them any justice. I'd put more photos but I limited myself to approx 28 photos per post. There will be a second part. There's no way I'm not photospamming here. My space!!


I wanted to roll on the floor and into the darkness.


Such beautiful darlings.


I had to fight the urge to hug them all.


THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T EVEN. Iya Consorio did an awesome job.


Excavated. Yep. I feel as if a group of archaeologists decided to dig inside my head. I'm so... blank. I'm so blah. I haven't been blogging about my life as it is happening but I don't work the job I friggin' hate anymore. I've been out for about a month now and yet I feel the same amount of stress. I don't know.

If you were too lazy to read the captions in between photos: there will be a second part. I'm very indecisive and it took me forever to choose the final 50-something photo to upload here. I don't think I still have any readers these days but it doesn't really matter. I'm more like writing for me these days. Actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤