Rainy Martini

August 25, 2014

Rainy x Ilocos: Of Rocks and Windmills



And now, back to my Ilocos trip. These posts were due months ago and I still haven't finished posting all of them. So, this way, please. Scroll. Down.


We went to yet another tourist site, the Kapurpurawan Rock Formation. I usually forget what the name is so I usually say "we went to kapupupupu" or something like that. It was sweltering hot and the sun was at its harshest.


Some people rode the horses, which was a shame. I mean the sun was being, well, sunny but the place was very uhm, picturesque!


We had an umbrella, although I wish I brought my sunglasses with me.


A mini river leading up to the sea.


Oh yes you can smoke. Apparently. And if you're planning to take some plants home make sure it's not a single leaf. You can take plants but not a plant. Lol. Evil Rainy.


Niko and his new kicks. And his leg. Fat.


Is it just me or does the owl on my shirt look evil? I also think that this is the white rock formation they were all referring to. I wanted to climb up up and down down but I was just wearing flip-flops, which by the way didn't stop me from running around while my companion tried to keep up.


Hint: there's a bear in this photo.


WHY DOES MY BACKSIDE LOOK SO HUGE HERE? OH GOD I JUST REALIZED.


Some weedflowers. Beautiful.


Now this hole was located on the trail. I had to climb down for a bit just to reach it. This is my favorite picture of me. Ever. I wish I had more photos of me there taken though.


Next stop: the windmills in Bangui! I heard from the tour guide that nobody's buying the electricity produced by these giants yet but you have to admit they look handsome. So handsome I flat-out decided to date one. Okay shut up. Sick joke. And their marketing gimmick over there is this 'stache symbol. To lure the social media-loving youth, I guess.


Another regret: I didn't take much windmill photos.


I didn't know about the moustache gimmick in Ilocos. I swear.


Lunch in Pagudpud. Nope we didn't go to the beach yet.


What of the funniest thing that ever happened to me in that trip was the bag of salt. See, we stopped by this salt manufacturer. I think it was some special salt or whatever. Anyway, the tour guide suggested we buy some. So buy we did. I think I bought a bag worth Php 50.00. When Niko's colleagues went back to the bus, they were carrying a huge-ish bag that, to our horror, cost them Php 20.00!! So we were already doubled over laughing when his mum handed me my bag of salt. Oh it was huge! I had no idea how to bring it home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤