Rainy Martini

February 18, 2014

Leav & Misadventure


I had my copy of Love & Misadventure signed by the poet herself ten days ago. To my delight, Lang Leav was flown over to Manila for a little book tour... which I of course took advantage of because the chance of seeing your favorite author is as fat as that cellulite I see on your leg right now. Or leg hair if you don't have cellulites. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me. I've been seeing "cellulites" for the past week in these freaking website ads and now I can't stop typing it. Stop me! Cellulite. No!! Cell-- no. No, Rainy. No.

I didn't have time to work on these photos on the computer so it took me more than a week to edit them on my phone. I'm busy with work and I always need to catch up on sleep so I only get to edit when I'm in the bus or a few minutes before I snore. But I know you'll bear with meeee. I wuv you.


I had two options, since she'd be at two Fully Booked branches for two consecutive days. In the end I chose to attend the event that was held on the 8th because I had to file a sick leave from work. I mean a vacation leave hahaha. What person in the right mind would file a SICK leave on a CERTAIN day hahaha I mean "hey employer, I'll be sick on Feb 8 soooo..." hahahahahaha oh my god. Stop. Rainy stop! Anyway, we arrived at like, 9:45 A.M. Or it could've been 8:45. Something-45 and there was already a growing queue. Long before the bookstore opened! So I panicked, because when Ransom Riggs flew here for a similar event, I had a spot and number secured. My boyfriend got there early with his sister. It wasn't that bad though.


We had to roam around to cure our boredom. Oooh I see le boyfie's thumb. Hi thumb. You look... like a thumb.


Herakut-ception! The shirt I was wearing was signed by Herakut and they also did those walls! Awesome right? And yes we're so into attending Fully Booked events held at Bonifacio High Street.


Ayayayayayyy stache!


After securing number for the signing queue, we went out to nom. We went to this place called Slice, which had sexy-looking cakes but I don't recommend you go there if you also wanna take pictures of your food. The lighting is just bad. Although some of their ornaments make up for the bad, yeah, lighting.


If you read my last post, you should know that my girlfriend and I do this Battle of the Drinks thingy where we order unfamiliar beverages and judge who has the better one. I ordered a Milk Stirrer something while he got a dark Belgian something. Sorry, I'm very bad with names and titles so you can't expect me to remember them all.


Hi, rings.


Boyfriend's drink.


My drink and his drink vis-à-vis! In the end, I won. My drink was not very special but his was very.. overhelming? So I won! I won you freaking loser fatcuteheeheebabygirlorboyfriend!! LOSER!


Ehem. Back to the bookshop.


There's Ellia. She didn't buy a copy and was only there to see Lang Leav in person. The funny thing was, Leav was at the same place she was in in that photo, hiding. Niko (the girl or boyfriend)  told me that while the host was reading Lang's intro, a tiny woman in teal was giggling at the words. Of course it didn't take long for them to realize they were standing right beside the poet herself. It was funny because Ellia didn't realize and it was too late when she did. Lang entered the scene!


Well I managed to snag a seat in the front row. Here's the thing, people were already at the area while the crews were fixing the chairs and stuff. Everyone vied for a seat. The second they said "go!", there was squealing and girls were rushing to get a good seat. I, on the other hand, well-trained by my daily MRT travels back in 2012, sat primly and relaxed-ly on the seat that I already marked as mine. No hassle. No nothing.


I also bought a macaron squishy by Breadou!


Lang reading some of her works.


Two zombies.


I wish I had a better spot though because I was somewhere at the side. Front row, but at the side.


Lemony Schniket says hi. And I still don't know how to spell his/her name. He/She very muched enjoyed listening to Lang read her works out loud and I swear I heard him/her sniff a bit. Or was it me? Nah, the people mostly requested friendzone-themed poems, so I couldn't identify with that. What! I'm very much in love. Hehehehe. What?


Signing time!


My booksigning paraphernalia!


Hi, photographer eye.


I look embarrassing in this picture because I felt awkward sitting there waiting for her to finish signing my copy of her lovely book. Then she asked me "how are you doing?" WHICH I FOUND SO HARD TO ANSWER. How are you doing is honestly the hardest question to answer sincerely. I was like, "ah, I'm. I'm!!" HAHAHAHAHAHA.


TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!


We had nothing left to do, Ellia already went home after seeing Lang and she was just pretty much signing some other copies so we went out to grab a bite.


And my three tiny babies were eating, too.


Niko bought a copy of David Rakoff's "Don't Get Too Comfortable". A year ago I bought him a copy of the same title, but my dog Coco decided to go and have a taste to make sure the book wasn't poisoned! So there. He bought himself a copy of what should've been my awesomest gift to him so far. Or, I don't know. I don't know what he considers awesome. I am certain I'm one of them though. Heehee. Aren't I?


THOSE THREE MONSTERS WANTED A TASTE OF MY TRIPLE DECKER CHEESECAKE BUT I SAID NO!!

And here goes my aptitude: bad endings. I will give my macaron squisy a chance to say "thank you for reading" or "I hope you choke on whatever you're eating right now" in black and white.


"Thank you for reading" is so bleugh. Hahaha. I love you though. Marry me? Yes, you. You, reader. Marry meeee. Kidding. No I'm not! Kidding.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous18/2/14

    I think you're losing your editing touch..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rainy!

    1. I think Fully Booked in Bonifacio Global City is gorgeous too <3
    2. Your photos are lovely!
    3. Thank you so much for blogging about those books. Gonna check them out next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27/2/14

    I think your photos are all great, I'm jealous! I really love reading your posts especially the way you expressed each sentences; not very serious and fun to read :)

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤