Rainy Martini

November 03, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!


Today is my 19th birthday! This post is going to be about me, me, me. I made a banner to cheer myself lol. I'm not expecting much today, my past birthdays were... let's just say that I cried. But since birthdays are for sharing, I am giving away another free curves preset on my shop! It's called Martini Girl, in honor of yours truly. It's there for a limited time only so download, download! I hope you enjoy using it and do show me what it does to your photos! I'd really love to know. Share it among your friends!

You can read my birthday post last year by clicking here.

I haven't really posted much about myself, with the exception of my current thoughts of course. I love my thoughts. I haven't done this before, so might as well try it today. Ok I might have, but I don't really remember when.

facts about me:

I. I can't stand seafood. No sushi, although I admit that they look so nice I'd love to take sushi photos every day. As the pledge goes, "Fish are friends, not food" (Finding Nemo). I don't have the strength to eat spicy stuff, too.

II. I am trypophobic. Basically, it's the fear of seeing a cluster of holes... or circles. Click the link to read more about it. That's why I can't stand pineberries, the sight of it bothers me a lot. It makes me think of holes... on... human skin. NOW MY SKIN IS CRAWLING ARGH. Same with a bunch of grapes, beehives, pearls at the bottom of my bubble tea.... Ironic, though, because I love bokeh so much.

III. My mind works very best at night.

IV. Never had my own proper camera since 2010. Imagine my grief!

V. My first dream was to become a dentist, because one of my mother's friends is one. Then I decided that becoming a cashier was cool, I mean you get to press so many awesome buttons and there's cash just a few centimeters from your belly. Terrific. Hmm, my dreams kept changing then. I wanted to be a concert pianist, a chemical engineer (HAHAHAHAHA), an obstetrician (because female mothers prefer female doctors. I won't run out of patients that way lol). Around the time I was 12 or 13, I stopped wishing to become someone or something. Dunno why. A few years later I realized that writing was my forte, all along. Hence my dream to study journalism I can't stop marveling at the constant change our dreams undergo. My dreams right now? This is a secret but I really want to try being a fashion/still-life photographer and a full-time blogger. If I can get my hands on a DSLR anytime, I will immediately plunge into the amazing world of photography.

VI. My life's goal isn't to buy a house and have my own kids and a cat and a high-paying job. I do want a cat/bunny though. What I wanna do is to travel the world, armed with a camera and my passion. Instead of buying a house, I'd rather spend my money on traveling. Impractical, I know. "But where will you go home to?" That's already figured out, too! I'll live with my mother. Ha. This is the Philippines, and it's normal for us to live with a family member or two. We're homey that way. Extended families are pretty common, and no, 18-year-olds don't always move out of their childhood homes to live a brand new life.

VII. Favorite color is brown.

VIII. When it comes to hair... ugh. My hair doesn't grow past my underarms. The only way I can experience long hair is if I apply extensions or wear a wig. I had always wanted to grow my hair and braid it like most girls do. Also, I gave up wanting to be a mermaid upon realizing that my hair won't be long enough to cover my bare breasts if ever. Lol.

IX. I prefer female authors and musicians.

X. I'm a kid magnet. Not the pedobear kind!

XI. I'm a last-minute worker, and I can't write drafts... I DON'T KNOW WHY.

XII. Lastly, I hate seeing beautiful things these days.

*****

So there. This is a scheduled post! I'm probably gonna go out later to get some crepe with my friends or something. Dunno, dun have any planzsz hoho. My blog will be quite busy next week. I will post some layout tips, more about my products and post-processing, etc.

See you next time!

6 comments:

  1. Again, happy birthday! What else should I say though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I prefer female writers as well, but I tend to like male musicians more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/11/12

    the banner is so beautiful! happy birthday rainy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, Happy; Birthday!! Hope you have a good one! ^^
    And secondly; THAT WAS THE BEST THING I'VE READ ALL DAY. HHAHAH, it amused me so much - thank you!
    Meh, I love sushi and seafood, and spicy foods.
    AND OMFGOSH. I pressed the link to Trypophobia on Wikipedia, and just kind of, well, convulsed, at the picture... ugh. I thought that I was just weird to be disgusted at 'holed'-pictures.
    Thank you for the reassurance... -3-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!

    unlike you and a lot of other people, i love seafood lol.

    no camera is improper. c:

    i prefer female musicians too, even though i think i like male authors better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I Love it! You have so so great blog! <3

    Would You like to follow each other? :)
    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤