Rainy Martini

November 05, 2012

A Special Day

My birthday celebration was amazing. I mean there was nothing big, just some horrifying amount of lunch and hanging out afterwards.

You call me friendless because I don't go out. Wrong. I actually have a few very special ones, and what about the people I constantly talk to online? Aren't they considered "friends" at all? Of course there's a fine line between real-life friends and online buddies, you even drew one for me. They are people, they have feelings and they talk. And sometimes they're amazing! We exchange a few laughs and thoughts among each other, and I think that's what counts. They live somewhere out there, yes. But I don't care, really. I'm not a picky person and although I have no socializing problems, I am better off talking to a few. ;) And there's no need for you to busy yourself analyzing my social life because to be completely honest, I don't do it myself.


Anyway, I met with the girls and we had a HORRIFYING Korean buffet. See, there's this new place nearby, a self-service eat-all-you-can Korean restobar. EAYCs are a real treat, especially if you're starving. But if you're picky (like me lol) then there'll be problems. You see, most of them have this no-leftover rules. WHICH TOTALLY SUCKS. because they set a huge fine for those who break it.

Before you draw a conclusion, I did not break any fucking rules. LOL.

When we entered the restaurant, we were thrilled because Big Bang videos were playing! We watched a few before getting our meals. The buffet had so many sorts of Korean delicacies, but the best ones are at the grill station! We ordered everything, but I was disappointed because the bulgogi only had a few servings.

You know when you get excited, you tend to overdo things? That's what we did. WE TOOK SA MANY FOOD WTF. I'm not well-versed in the Korean food whatnots because I'm not fond of veggies and seafood so I took the safe-looking ones: chickens, fruits, jelly. Janelle and Janine ordered kimbap (something like California maki, but Korean. Hehe), a freaking ginormous bowl of bibimbap, and errr samgyupsal.

If you don't know yet, there's this way of eating samgyupsal. You wrap the thin meat in lettuce leaves and... and you have to stuff the whole thing in your mouth. It is considered rude and disrespectful if you eat it bite by bite. No matter how huge it is, you have to chew it whole and swallow. Swallow.

Since I was the birthday girl, they made a large one on purpose and STUFFED IT IN MY MOUTH! Eugggh! They even slipped a clove of garlic and spicy bean paste! Ugh you guys. LOL. I told myself to push push it down my throat  because an elderly Korean couple was watching me from the other table. At least that's what I thought. Haha.


The dishes you see in the photos are only a third of what we actually ate.

We were full in no time, and there was still a lot to finish. Nel ate the plate of kimchi and kimbap that she took, and I ate everything I could: the chickens, the meat, sweet almond jelly, miso soup, some strange meats. Even Janine, who is a big-eater (LOOOL I'M SORRY HAHAHA) couldn't finish everything.

We were so full; we rested for an hour, watching kPop music videos.


Then on we went again, fearing the expensive fine.. I swear I nearly puked. And my stomach was weeping. The huge bowl of bibimbap was the scariest. We simply didn't have the stomach to eat it. And of course they couldn't look at me, the veggies in the rice meal made me gag.

So I had an idea. I told them to stuff huge spoonfuls in their mouth, try not to look suspicious and spit it in the toilet. Hehehehehe.

It was so fucking funny.

"What's funny? *rolles eyes" Nooooo you have to be there to know how funny it was. It was so freaking funny. Ha. Ha.

Okay. This is the part when I should clear my throat and compose myself, isn't it?

After four hours, we finally finished everything. By we I meant Janine, Janelle, myself, the toilet bowl and the trash bin.

Who would've thought that the allegedly germy thingies would be our accomplices!? I wanna thank the shiny toilet bowl and the hard-to-open trash bin for helping us escape what we thought was heaven. Thank you so much for saving us. We wouldn't have done it without you. And I'm sorry for spitting on you guys, I knew you'd understand. But still, I'm so sorry.

We headed straight to Kate's and had some drinks. We slept over... no, we didn't actually sleep.... we watched some movies and kept laughing. I swear the Pineapple Express was so freaking funny. You should try seeing it, too! I'm not sure if it's available in the local video stores but it's worth finding one!

American Psycho was the last film we watched before everyone tried to sleep. And I, being me, didn't get to sleep at all. Instead I surfed the internet and read some eBooks.

I was tweeting then, and that was the time when my followers kept greeting me!

Thank you so much guys for making my day pleasant. I appreciate all the greetings and gifts you gave me. *cries* Thank you thank you.


Thank you so much guys omg you are so sweet. You know who you are.

Thank you of course to my friends who were there, and those who weren't but greeted me anyway. Everything means so much to me.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

14 comments:

  1. You said you weren't a picky person, but you said again that you're a picky eater. WHAT RAINY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG TRUE. HAHAHAHA. Errr, I'm a picky EATER, but I'm not picky when it comes to friends. Got it? Hahahahahahaha lmao I'm so stupid hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/11/12

    Oh shit you're just so funny! Made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I mention that your chin looks weird in the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/11/12

    OH MY GOD WAAAAH EMBARASING! THE GIFT I MADE TO YOU! WAAAAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah. Hahah. HAHAHA.
    Hehe, the bin and the toilet?! Desperate times call for desperate measures! ... I should know well... -,-
    Well I just had a chicken wrap, and I'm already full...
    ALL THAT FOOD. Congratulations on "eating" it all though! ^^
    And Happy Birthday! Again. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. visiting here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =)

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog!!! SERIOUSLY I DO!!!! .........some of the things you say remind me of myself, is so weird!!! I'm your newest follower...
    Much Love Chari T xoxo (Deep Fried Stilettos)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I was with you you wouldn't have any problems, heh. What I'm saying is, I eat a lot. :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huwaaa. That was a lot of food!! I tried going in a Korean restaurant and although it wasn't an eat-all-you-can one, we barely have finished our food as well. HBD Rainy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog design!! ♥

    Followed you!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG envy goes to girl who eat like a lot and still fine hahaha



    oh and you may visit my blog, there is on-going giveaway if you interested

    Herdiana Surachman

    DELUXSHONIST | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | D'HOMME | D'FEMME

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like you had so much fun! followed you on nuffnangx :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. i know i'm late, but belated happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤