Rainy Martini

October 29, 2012

Inspire Monday: November Playlist

I can't afford to do anything while listening to music, not really. Except, maybe, breathing, fantasizing a scenario with what's playing as the background song and tweeting what's on. I'd grown accustomed to treating music as an individual activity that deserves full attention and focus. My first music teacher made sure it was ingrained in my brain at a very young age, and now I can't help it. Her words were "treat music with respect". Since I already knew that not listening while someone's talking is considered rude—with the exception of eavesdropping, totally wrong but fun (woooah I don't eavesdrop much ok?)—I quickly understood what she meant. I'm an instrumentalist myself, although I don't make my own music. I mostly play classical/romantic/baroque, by the way.

Once, my classmate and I were having a conversation before our exams, and she told me that she listens to her favorite singers WHILE STUDYING. And I was like, "how can you focus on the song if you're letting studies distract you!?". I know it's not a logical question but those were my actual words! Up to now I still don't understand what was up in my brain, I mean, shouldn't it be the other way around? LOL.

I'm such a lazy-ass student.

But really. I understand the notion (I'm not a fool), it's just that I can't do something like that. Ever.

"So what do you do while something is playing?"

I uh... I SIT MOTIONLESS, looking stupid and dreamy.

So uh... here are a few songs that deserve anyone's full attention no matter what.


They're all very haunting and gloomy. I hope you enjoy listening to my recommendations, most of them make a nice background music for halloween short films. If you know what I mean.

I'm going to host a giveaway next month! Stay tuned for more infos!

Ta ta for now!

11 comments:

  1. As usual, your taste is creepy-freaky-scary-weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw Birdy's name I'd suggest the song she did for Brave... but then I remembered the better (fuller) version of that song is on the new Mumford & Sons album. Song's called "Not With Haste".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous29/10/12

    YU XIAO YAN! I THOUGHT YOU LURRVE ME /LE CREYZ/ WHY U NO GIFF ME YOUR COLOURS FOR FREEEEEEEE?

    GUESS WHO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, i love you for putting up the songs, samson is my all time favorite and even when it's a sad song I enjoy it to make my world more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl's got class! Love your selection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. was here :) you've got nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is awesome, just jumped upon it!
    I love playlists, it's a shame I never get the time to do one. Yours looks promising, I might give it a try asap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog so much. So much passion and rawness between words. Thanks for sharing. x warm wishes, jess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regina Spektor makes me melt. I love her music. The call and and laughing with are two of my favorite songs of hers.

    I completely understand what you meant. I can't do anything else while I listen to music. I usually close my eyes or lay in bed with my head under the covers and when someone interrupts me, I have to start the song over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. heheee thankyou. i have this weird thinking tho. the more pencils or pens inside my pencilcase, the better lolol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't focus on studying when there's some music playing. More like, I can't focus on studying when something is playing in my background. T^T When I listen to music, it's like my mind is going in a different world. It's like it's traveling together with the song's lyrics.

    Looking forward to your giveaway,. :3

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤