Rainy Martini

September 27, 2012

a Book and a Bunny


Fixing Delilah - Sarah Ockler

I had meant to blog about this sweet read a few weeks ago, but things got out of hand.

Read the synopsis...

"Things in Delilah Hannaford's life have a tendency to fall apart. She used to be a good student, but she can't seem to keep it together anymore. Her "boyfriend" isn't much of a boyfriend. And her mother refuses to discuss the fight that divided their family eight years ago. Falling apart, it seems, is a Hannaford tradition. Over a summer of new friendships, unexpected romance, and moments that test the complex bonds between mothers and daughters, Delilah must face her family's painful past. Can even her most shattered relationships be pieced together again?"

This story might ring a bell. Summer romance, broken relationships and all that. It's like watching a real chic flick! What interested me, though, is the redundance of "we all long for what could have been" in the whole story, because that is entirely true and I can certainly relate to that.

We long for what could have been. Although we may feel contented of what we have, we cannot help wanting the stuff we do not possess. I think that's perfectly fine, because what is there to pursue if you don't dream at all?

I'm very uninspired as I write this. I feel like I'm wasting time. Now I long for inspiration. I think I had it... a few minutes ago. Then, zap, gone.. And I'm alternating between writing this and tweeting. Heehee. At this rate, I'm getting nowhere with this book "review". To be honest this post doesn't have a lot of dignity to be called that. So let's drop the "review" thingy. It pressures me!

*clears throat*

All in all, I think the tale was rather nice; medium-paced, veiled in mystery, and heart-wrenching. It did not take long before I became friends with the characters. I think Ockler did not intend to give them too much character, though. (Character can haz no too much characterzzz. Dafuq am I saying omg) That being said, they still did not fail to seem real to me.

I think most teenagers can relate to this, and I recommend this for people who love a short read with a cup of steaming coffee.

Oh wait oh wait oh wait. My baby cousin Caedwyn has a bunny!! Wait I'm gonna post them here...

It doesn't seem like it but I'm now writing this approximately 18 minutes later, and I figured it would be better to write about it in another post. WAIT WAIT NO I CHANGED MY MIND.

Meet... well she doesn't have a name yet. We're waiting for Shiloh to give her a name! At the moment we call her "pappit" (baby-talk for rabbit, I guess).




I love love love her omg I wish she were mine. We just got her yesterday, and it was also my father's death anniversary. My uncle (who bought it because he felt sorry for the vendor and the rabbits who were peddling under the bridge) joked that my dad's spirit might've possessed him, because he actually bought her. He was a great animal lover, my dad. And he valued them for both company and the balance they bring (you know, geomancy).

Bunnies were my obsession, as I've been told. When I was three, I had a pair named Jack and Jill. Jack was gray and Jill was white with red eyes. They said I never really put Jill down unless I ate or did other businesses with my hands. I can't remember how they died but I must've cried... terribly.

This might seem like an advertisement, but I errrr actually used my actions and curves preset to edit these. You can see the before photo of one of 'em here.

Whaat!? I know I know but I can't help it.

Anyway, I'm currently offering sponsorship to interested bloggers, preferably photobloggers. You see, I just opened my shop and if you're interested, just e-mail me with your current statistics (daily traffic, followers, etc) and we'll talk it out.

Toodles.

9 comments:

  1. Please don't squish her to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your blogging again <3 I've been too busy too I guess so I was not able to drop back after the last time. I'll try to hunt down a copy of this in epub because I usually read on my phone. Hihi. I like this kind of story <3 I couldn't last with Fifty Shades because...because...o_O

    Moving on, le bunny is so cute!!! I can imagine how you were when you were little and you hugging yer bunnies <3 I'm a cat lover though because once a rabbit bit me (it must have been a rabbit from the underworld, nyay)

    Anyway, good luck with yer shop!!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27/9/12

    I think the way you edit is great! What camera did you use for the rabbit picture? What photoshop editing tool did you use and how can I buy it from you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. Cute bunny! Idk but after reading this I remember that before I was born they had a name for me already and then my family had a dog during my mom's pregnancy and they named the dog after the name they've thought for me. I was supposed to be named as Ariel but since they ady named the dog that, I was named then Kristen Rafaelle. :3

    Idk why am I even telling this. lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a bunny! I had two bunnies before too but they both died. Bunnies are kind of hard to take care of. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a bunny. One of my friends named him Tyrion. I loved him so much but my dad didn't let me keep it.

    Nice review. I'd like to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i remember when i was three, my neighbours left their white bunny outside our house and went for their holiday without telling us. they're just lucky i love animals hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I felt like that too. I'm not as driven as I used to be. X_X I guess that's a normal phase in life. By your review, I don't think I'll read the book. haha. It sounds too "real" to me. I prefer the outofthisworld fiction type. :3

    Anyway. That's such a cuuuute adorable bunny :)

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤