Rainy Martini

August 22, 2012

Tutorial: Double Exposure

Hi! As you can see, I have a new layout. Do you like it? No? HNGGGGGG.

In this very easy tutorial, I will teach you the basics of creating double exposure shots digitally using Adobe Photoshop. I know a lot of people know how to do this, but oh well.

According to Wikipedia, "a multiple exposure is the superimposition of two or more exposures to create a single image, and double exposure has a corresponding meaning in respect of two images. The exposure values may or may not be identical to each other."

Doing it on film is a lot of fun and full of surprises, but you can do it anytime on your computer too!

I will use these images. Too lazy to look for better photos among my files.


Step 1 (and the most obvious step): open the two documents in photoshop.


Step 2: Drag one image on top of another, it doesn't matter which is on top.


Final step: Change the top image's blending mode to Multiply (in some cases you can use Overlay or Darken). Adjust the opacity to your heart's content and then you're done!


The final result...


LOOOOL THE PHOTOS THAT I USED DON'T MATCH AT ALL.

Oh well. At least you get the idea.

Another example is this... my current photo on the 'about' area. You can view my sidebar for another one.


I suggest you use bokeh or light streak images that you took yourself. Alternatively, you can download textures from various resource sites!

Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. clarissa22/8/12

    this is great! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I know which PS version are you using,is it CS5?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shawn yes lol.
    @Munira yes, it was CS5 but you can use earlier versions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I was looking to do this with my upcoming photos. Couldn't have happend at a better time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How to put cursor ?

    REPLY PLEASE ~~~ http://cokelatpudina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pictures!

    //
    http://www.simonie.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is nice! :D
    I'm quite saddened tho, it just hit me that... really.
    gone are the days when people do double exposure thru film. :(

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤