Rainy Martini

January 30, 2012

The Egg

I want to write a Shakespearean sonnet, but it's just not happening. It's like something inside me keeps resisting. Resists what? Thoughts getting transferred from my head to this text area? I don't think so. Weird, though. Even so, I still want to write something. The need creeps back, and no matter how deep I bury it in, it keeps showing. And showing. I wouldn't mind if Mr. Need turns up with sexy hands or somethign.

I'm going to write continuously. I swear I didn't pre-write the poem that will be... poem-ed below.

Inhale. Inhale. No exhales, Rainy! Okay here goes. I'm giving myself this challenge. No backspaces (except for typo errors okay!). No editing. No editing (as if! When did I ever edit my embarrassing posts full of typos? Lol.)

Now she sits without
ideas to guide her in
her journey as
a writer?
An artist?
A musician?
A thinker,
a thinker who does
not stop the whirlwind
brought about her own
head although, it seems to be
in some kind of a
trance
Because she is out
of juice to squeeze
and hearts to pour
not in a jar but
somewhere easily
spotted
By the demons who
replaced her blood with
custard so that
nothing can ever
circulate
Or pump
In a deep, deep trance
because her thoughts
mimic the life of an
egg
stolen by a hungry cat
from an abandoned nest on
top of a tree that
got struck by a lightning
some
three or three thousand years
ago
She cannot think
I cannot think.

I can't think of a title. Oh god oh god. Whyyyy is it so hard for me to entitle things? It's easy to just write freestyle but titles. Titles? Seriously, what titles? Geez. I'm going to read what I wrote when I return later. Au revoir.

6 comments:

  1. I'm starting to think that this inspiration block thing is a plague.

    And titles are especially hard for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @izzie because we're soulmates okay :>

    OMG LET'S GET MARRIED.

    ╰UU UUU╯

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesbo love! *Gasps*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you're just a bit pressured? Stressed, maybe? Well, it's a good thing because you do cool poems when you're stressed. Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Michael yeah maybe... it's pressure tbh. thank you <3

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤