Rainy Martini

October 12, 2011

au revoir valentin

Goodbye Valentine - Maybee
I can't get it off my head.


If you weren’t listening to another song then you wouldn’t have paused the track right away. And if you did, I don’t mind lol. It’s your life and I’m just a blogger writing a post. The opening melody is an invitation to mystery and a lullaby rolled into one, and to think that the music engineers added the legendary ringing phone sound in the background, it really doesn’t give out what the song was about until the violins come in. It won't be five more seconds before the beat breaks out. The sound that really caught my breath was the accordion playing in staccato. Oookay I'm not really sure if it's an accordion playing.

It. Was. Just. So. Creepy. And Maybee's voice in the first verse had an old transistor radio effect. I don't know but it makes me think of... circus. As I don't understand the lyrics and I have no intention to read an English translation, it innocently gives me the vibe of an unbearable circus life. Makes me think of some freak living in a red-and-yellow traveling tent all her life, going here and there trying to please people. Then at night she cries herself to sleep, wishing she had the face of a normal girl. She wakes up to the sound of a whip cracking, instead of the annoying bleep an alarm clock makes. Tries to escape but to no avail. I'm really finding it hard to voice out how the song bit me. It's just... creepy. I know it wasn't meant to be taken like that, it was entitled Goodbye Valentine after all. But the way I perceive music is beyond my control.

Albeit I told you not to give it a try on my last post, here's the link for the MV. (click)


By the way, I’ve been tagged by Mary. I’m going to be frank: I didn’t really want to repost it as I have no one to tag. But oh well. Ha ha. She's my online friend and wouldn't that be rude?



Rules:

1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged him/her.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You legitimately (AKA, really, truly, with all honesty)have to tag 11 people.

11 Things About Me.
I. I am a Filipino-Chinese.
II. Books are my best friends. They just won't leave my side no matter how much I tell them to. They just won't move. (lol?)
III. I play the piano and the flute. Been a pianist since childhood. Only learned the flute when I was like, 10. No, I don't play the guitar because I can't play the F chord. Embarrassing.
IV. AB Journalism is the college course I so badly want to take up, given the chance.
V. I'm a very studious person, albeit the stuff I study won't seem to appear anywhere in the school syllabus.
VI. I'm actually halfway through my Asian literature "studies". I'm doing my own research and even wrote papers. Who cares if there's no teacher to pass them to? I won't be graded and that's the thing.
VII. The people I interact with never cease to tell me that I'm really weird.
VIII. I'm finding this very hard to fill up.
IX. Though I don't look like it (says Clarissa), I'm a very picky eater. I fuss a lot about what I don't eat.
X. I listen to all music genres. Check my iTunes library. But my favorites would always be Classical and Asian pop.
XI. I dance ballet.

Mary's Questions:

1. What is your favourite hobbies?
I love to read, dance ballet, play the piano and the flute.
2. What do you buy the most when you are going to shopping mall?
Books and expensive food. If I don't have money I won't go to the mall at all.
3. What do you do when you are free at home?
Mourn about life.
4. Badminton or Cycling?
Javelin-and-discus-throwing was my only proper sport ever. Haha
5. What is your favourite pet?
I have a dog named Sushi. Not sure about its breed. But it's only like, 8 inches high. A toy dog.
6. Do you like to take picture of yourself? Why?
No, I don't really think I'm pretty so I prefer to stay behind the camera. But I love taking photos with my friends
7. What is your favourite desert?
Anything sweet.
8. Do you like to eat chocolate?
ARE YOU KIDDING? I'M ALLERGIC TO IT BUT NO ONE HAS EVER STOPPED ME FROM EATING ONE BWAHAHA
9. Are you single or in a relationship? If yes, what's your boyfriend/girlfriend's name?
I'm single and #foreveralone
10. Do you interesting reading my blog? Why?
Yeah, because I get to know more about you
11. How many followers do you have?
Err, 45 and counting since I started blogging last month.

I know you have rules but I don't have many people to tag. And this is my blog anyway.

I'm tagging Izzie, Clarissa, Jamie, Irina, Shawn, Marion, Janelle, Xinyi...

I even doubt they'll post this. Hahahahaha.

Oh lolol I forgot to post my questions until Clarissa mentioned. Here goes:

1. What can you say about your music taste?
2. Are you the most hateful person you know?
3. If you are to die 10 minutes later, whose photo would you like to see last?
4. Chocolate or milk?
5. How much do you love your Dad?
6. Are you aware of your beauty?
7. Do you think I'm insane for asking such questions?
8. Are you nocturnal or a daylight person?
9. What do you look for in a bookstore?
10. Is Xiaoyan a good friend or what?
11. Do you think my blog is worth reading?


1 comment:

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤