Rainy Martini

October 26, 2011

aimez les animaux


They may have souls, they may not. But does it matter? Animals have feelings, too. If they could recite Shakespeare: "If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?"

I don't know what I'm going to do. It's just that animal abuse has always been a popular worldwide issue and yet not a big change has been done... yet. It just won't stop.

As a kid, I'd always watched documentaries featuring animal abused and stuff you might not want your future kids to see because they're sometimes considered morbid. I may not look like it but I actually support animal causes and organizations by donating/spreading the word.

Lixin here from wildecade.net shares the same compassion I have for abused animals.

Recently, she blogged about the inhumane cullings of stray dogs in Singapore. (Click here to read the story.) But it doesn't only happen there. Dogs are being mutilated worldwide for God knows why. It's sad to say that here in the Philippines, strays (or what discriminatory "dog-lovers" like to call them: mongrels) aren't being treated properly and a few people are sending them to shelters and rescue organizations like PAWS and PETA. A fewer number of compassionate people are willing to adopt the poor dogs who badly needed love and care.

Some stray dogs even end up in the stomachs of men who hang outside drinking beer with their pals. It's just too sickening!

Please help me make a difference signing this petition Lixin made and by liking this facebook page. I want to support her in what she does. And I hope by blogging about this a few of my readers would consider. It's just a few clicks.

Also, you might want to read this other post she wrote about the dolphins. By putting this somewhere on your blog, you're spreading the word.



1 comment:

  1. happy to visit here
    from Turkey sis
    http://laracroft3.skynetblogs.be
    http://lunatic.skynetblogs.be

    ReplyDelete

- You are free to speak
- Comments will be returned
- Respect my opinions, too
- I love you ❤